Friday, May 25, 2012

Stoner: "I Enjoyed the Battle with Valentino"

Casey Stoner Le Mans 2012

Casey Stoner finished the Le Mans race on 3rd place after Valentino Rossi made an overtake on the early final lap. Stoner told that after the rain stop, the race is getting more difficult for him. Overall he told that he was happy with podium, and enjoyed the battle with Valentino Rossi.

Stoner said, “I was pretty happy to hold on for a podium today. In the early stages Cal, Valentino and Dovi were behind me putting on a lot of pressure, but we managed to pull a small gap on them as I was chasing Jorge. Then as soon as the rain stopped and the track was less wet, our tyre temperatures got too high, we started spinning and there wasn’t anything I could do about it."

He continue, "I thought the three of them would catch up and perhaps overtake me, but we managed to hold on for third. I enjoyed the battle with Valentino at the end, there was clean overtaking and we swapped positions a few times, but in the end we knew that Valentino had better pace than us and after he passed there was no way I could stay with him. We did everything we could today and to come away with a podium is a good result.”

You can give your opinion on our Facebook page here

Source: http://www.zimbio.com/MotoGP/articles/kqsn804HEe1/Stoner+Enjoyed+Battle+Valentino

Aalt Toersen Masaki Tokudome Shoya Tomizawa Ricardo Tormo Ramon Torras

No comments:

Post a Comment