Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Interview with Antoine MEO

Contacted by phone while in Germany as he prepares to compete in the 2012 ISDE, newly crowned Enduro 1 World Champion Antoine MEO (FRA - KTM) answers some of our questions ... in his own unique style!Antoine, you're Enduro 1 World Champion for the third time in a row. Does it feel special?Antoine MEO: "No, I don't feel anything in particular, although the Grand Prix in Finland was a special race because I didn't expect to necessarily win the title there. This third crown will not change my life so far!"You're the only French rider with three world titles – one more than enduro legend Stéphane PETERHANSEL…A.M: "It's great to have three titles, but I've achieved it by simply doing my job. What I have done is completely natural and it is not an exploit. I did my job as usual. I don't think to be stronger than him. PETER... this guy is a legend!"After years of injuries and disappointments in motocross you've blossomed in enduro ... How did you get here?A.M: "Right time, right place, in the right conditions! I will summarize it like that ... Everything was made for me to succeed. In 2008, Fabrizio AZZALINincluded me in his team for the season. Then, as it went pretty well, I stayed. In 2009, I finished second behind Mika(AHOLA). Then in 2010, I became Champion ahead of Johnny AUBERT... I think Enduro has given me extensive experience and balanced my everyday life. Now the EWC paddocks are like home. I really feel a sense of well-being in this discipline!"      "At the right time, at the right place!"What has been the hardest rival to beat this year?A.M: "The problem is that I never had the same rival during each Grand Prix ... But if I had to nominate one, it would be Simone (ALBERGONI) before his injury spoiled his season. He was fast throughout the year and was the most consistent of all ... he even managed to steal a victory from me in Finland!" Did you ever doubt yourself, after you technical problems in Portugal and Italy?A.M: "I have never doubted anything! In Portugal, it was my fault ... I hit some rocks in the liaison and I put a whole in my engine. Later in Italy, I had a problem with the fuel supply, but KTM fixed this problem immediately and even improved my bike throughout the year!"It seems that the KTM 250 4T suits you perfectly?A.M: "Yes, it's true. I feel really good on this bike. Now, I'd love to ride in E1 next season ... but on a 125cc 2T! For me it would be a great challenge and I really love this bike!"Is it true that you will start the final round of this year's championship in Brignoles with a 125cc 2T?A.M: "For the moment I don't know ... It is what I would really love to do but I will have to speak with KTM and make the decision." "The Mika AHOLA Trophy - I will fight for it in 2013!"Like Christophe NAMBOTIN (F), you placed great importance on the Mika Ahola "Brave One" Trophy this season...A.M: "I had a great friendship with Mika(AHOLA). In 2009, when I finished second behind him, I experienced many intense fights during each Grand Prix, which created a strong bond between us. This season, the Mika Ahola "Brave One" Trophywas really important for me, but my two mechanical problems prevented me from battling for the first place with NAMBOTIN. This is my biggest regret of the season. But I am determined to fight for the award next year!"      Let speak about SuperEnduro, your riding style and showmanship lend themselves well to this discipline! Are you planning to participate?A.M: "Of course I want to participate... It is even a part of my program! Normally, I would race the first two races in Italy and Poland, but probably I won't do the other two in the New Year because I have other races programmed. In any case, I have already started to prepare myself, to get ready for November 24th in Genoa, Italy." You appear to have a great relationship with Fabio FARIOLI. How is your relationship?A.M: "Excellent! We already knew each other for a while. It's no secret that for a few years we were in discussions about the possibility of my arrival in the Orange team! When we have to work, we work. And when we have fun that's exactly what we do…" You found a new challenge last year by signing with KTM Farioli, what is your challenge for 2013?A.M: "You will see and know in time ... (laughs) With KTM, we have many ideas of challenges for 2013, but first I need to focus on the many races that are in my program this winter. And, for example, the two SuperEnduro events!"Will you be still in Enduro 1 or an E2 return is possible?A.M: "For the moment nothing is decided. From my side, I'd love to put into play my title in Enduro 1 but on a 125cc! Otherwise I will keep the 250cc because we do not change a winning team! If I have to climb in E2, it will be with the KTM 350 ... But the title of E1 World Champion on a 125cc, it is a dream ... that would be huge!"Communication Enduro World Championship - www.enduro-abc.com -

Source: http://www.fim-live.com/en/media/news/news-detail/article/1348584903-interview-with-antoine-meo/

Sid Jensen Mika Kallio Hideo Kanaya Takazumi Katayama Daijiro Kato

No comments:

Post a Comment