Sunday, January 6, 2013

Dabill ready to make his mark

Later today James Dabill - Beta will look to make his mark on the 2013 FIM X-Trial World Championship as the series kicks off close to his hometown of Leeds in the North of England. Dabill will get his 2013 campaign underway in Sheffield as a wild card entrant, with the twenty-six year old factory rider having failed to gain automatic qualification for this year's championship, and thus will have a point to prove in front of his home fans. The four times and current British champion had this to say ahead of tonight's competition. "Obviously I am a bit disappointed at having not made the cut for this year's series, especially after my results last season. Anyway wild card rider or otherwise I always look forward to Sheffield as it is a great event to kick off with.""My aim is to be on the podium, I have done it in the past at Sheffield and that's my target again tonight. The home crowd always provides a massive buzz and gives you that extra lift. Some riders might see that kind of support as pressure, but I don't and I try to feed off it as much as possible." "Hopefully after some good winter training I can get a good result tonight and put myself in the frame for a ride at some of the other rounds in the series. Let's see how it goes out there and then think about the next step after that."

Source: http://www.fim-live.com/en/media/news/news-detail/article/1357382480-dabill-ready-to-make-his-mark/

Len Bayliss Troy Bayliss Bruce Beale Douglas Beasley Daryl Beattie

No comments:

Post a Comment