Monday, March 26, 2012

Fausto Gresini: Marco’s death, it changed many things

MotoGP Honda Team owner, Fausto Gresini Honda boss Fausto Gresini has said part of the reason for choosing Alvaro Bautisa to ride in his HRC-backed MotoGP team this year was to make a change after the death of at Sepang last year – adding that having an Italian on the bike was no longer important.

The flamboyant Italian rider was killed at the Malaysian circuit and added to Gresini’s pain of losing Daijiro Katoh at Suzuka in 2003. When it was clear he could not sign Andrea Dovizioso for the 2012 season, he looked away from his home country and selected Bautista for the seat, preferring not to try and find an Italian.

“It’s clear the story is strange. It’s clear when we finished Marco’s story we didn’t have another way. In that case, Dovi had signed before with Tech3. For me in that moment, it’s not important to have an Italian rider. I prefer not to. For me the feeling is no good and I prefer to change the nationality and this is the reason,” said Gresini.

“My mentality is no good to continue with an Italian rider on the same bike as Marco. It’s necessary to take some time, a little more distance with the Spanish rider. All the time I’m working with there is much love for (). Now it’s difficult, it’s different. Marco’s death, it changed many things. Now, in that moment, for me it’s no good now. It’s not a big love anymore. The work, I still love it, but to go to the circuit I don’t really feel like it. This is my feeling at the moment. I think it will be necessarily a long process.”

Related posts:

  1. Gresini Racing pull out of Valencia GP after Marco Simoncelli’s death • 'The only certainty is that my team won't participate'•...
  2. Ciao Sic, The book from Gresini Racing Team Gresini Racing Team and Casa Editrice in Faenza Group released...
  3. Simoncelli’s Birthday Party A Success Original article on SportMediaSet in Italian. The celebration for the...

Source: http://www.zimbio.com/MotoGP/articles/ray3mCufgFh/Fausto+Gresini+Marco+death+changed+many+things

Ruben Xaus Kazuya Yamada Tetsuya Yamaguchi Yousuke Yamakawa Takehiro Yamamoto

No comments:

Post a Comment